17 Apr How to eliminate body odor internally in hot summer?
In summer we sweat more than normal and this can cause bad body odor. Today we bring tips to combat sweating problems. Summer is a time of year desired by many Spaniards but hated by others, especially for those who tend to sweat more and, therefore, too bad body odor. This problem is known as bromhidrosis, a disease that makes the sweat of the armpits, genitals and feet very unpleasant.
Also, it can lead to a slope of psychological suffering, harassment and social self-marginalization for fear of excessive sweating in the presence of other people, as they will immediately notice your smell of sweat. Find out How to eliminate body odor internally. Let’s go there!
How to eliminate body odor internally?
The sweat glands are responsible for eliminating water through the skin through sweat. Its function is to regulate body heat through the evaporation of sweat and dispose of toxins and metabolic debris from the body’s processes.
The former are distributed throughout the body and focus on the evaporation of body water. Apocrines, on the other hand, are concentrated in the armpits, genitals and feet and are related to excretion rather than thermoregulation.
Once on the skin’s surface, the secretions of the apocrine glands are broken down by the bacteria of our dermal flora into ammonia, short fatty acids, and volatile compounds of very different and varied structures. In people with excessive sweating who have bromhidrosis, the problem is that these compounds have a very unpleasant foul odor.
Some people are not even aware of their bad body odor.
Main causes of bromhidrosis
There is no conclusive evidence that there is a single cause. It is suspected to be a multifactorial problem. But, there may be a predominance of some bacteria in the dermal flora with increased decomposing activity in some cases. Body odor can also be caused by bacterial infections of the skin. In which case the problem would originate in the eccrine glands’ sweat.
Other causes could be the use of certain medications, excessive sweating and even poor hygiene, which should be avoided at all costs. Avoid eating certain foods, such as garlic and onion, as they generate sulfurate metabolites that will further enhance the smell of sweat. Dairy and animal fats can also be responsible for this.
Finally, you should know that alcohol causes inflammatory processes and increases excessive sweating to compensate for poor thermoregulatory circulation. Sports and physical activity can also cause the problem, as well as coffee or tea. Also, liqueurs such as gin or spices such as curry can be expelled by sweating, generating a bad smell.
Tips to combat body odor
- A daily shower if we suffer from bromhidrosis is essential and wash sensitive areas every time we sweat. Dry off very well afterward to avoid bacterial growth.
- Use special germicidal soaps to remove bacteria from sensitive areas in summer and prevent them from fermenting apocrine sweat.
- The use of antibiotic creams instead of moisturizers should be advised by a dermatologist. He will assess the situation and decide what the best treatment for you is.
- Hair removal contributes to bacterial reduction, in addition to retaining the smell of sweat less. Thus, proper waxing can help us with bad body odor during the summer, especially in the groin and armpits area.
- Avoid eating odor-promoting foods.
- Reduce drinks that increase excessive sweating, such as alcohol and exciting herbal teas.
- Put your clothes on dry, as the moisture in the fabrics can promote bacterial growth. Instead, dry clothing will absorb sweat, preventing bacteria from breaking it down.
- When you do physical exercise for work or leisure, shower afterward until your body temperature drops.
- Do not abuse soft drinks or sweets as they alter the metabolism and convert the rest of the food into fat, thus increasing body odor.
Remedies against the smell of sweat
- Sage infusion
This plant has thermoregulatory properties, so it is perfect for fighting against excessive sweating and bad body odor. Boil five sage leaves in a cup of water for 15 minutes and drink several times a day for best results.
- Peppermint and rosemary deodorant
Thanks to their aromatic and antibacterial properties, they are very effective in treating the smell of sweat. You just have to boil five mint leaves and five rosemary leaves in a cup of water for 15 minutes. Strain and apply the liquid obtained on the skin after showering.
- Black tea bath
Due to its amount of tannins, it favors the deep cleaning of the skin and eliminates bad body odor. Bring two liters of water to a boil and add four black tea bags when it boils. Add this infusion to the bathwater and soak for 20 minutes.
- Eat foods rich in chlorophyll
Certain natural products with high amounts of chlorophyll have a significant deodorizing effect against the smell of sweat, such as spinach, lettuce, kale, chard and coriander. You can even shake with these ingredients and take it on an empty stomach to prevent the problem.
Baking soda, lavender essential oil, apple cider vinegar, and ginger are also excellent options to combat body odor and excessive sweating. What are you waiting to try them?